Great speeches do much to inspire us to do great things.
As we head into the 2012 election cycle desperately needing to do great things to reclaim our country from those who would do it harm, I quite selfishly wanted an easy place to reference a series on Great Speeches that I wrote last year.
Speeches can contain words to live by, words that call us to action for an important cause and words that connect to our deepest feelings about fairness and compassion.
Great Speeches is a series on speeches by American politicians:
- FDR: Bully pulpits
- Martin Luther King: Remembering our past
- Barack Obama: A clear difference
- Robert F. Kennedy: “A tiny ripple of hope”
- Hubert H. Humphrey: “The bright sunshine of human rights”
- Barbara Jordan: Sharing and shaping our future
- Lyndon B. Johnson: “This most basic right”
- Patricia Schroeder: Nothing new under the sun
- Teddy Kennedy: Economic Justice
Reflect on these great words by these great Democrats.
Did I mention that they are great?